Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Red Roses

Pleasant aromas are keen to my nose.
The scent rushes from my fingers to my toes.

I don’t hesitate to pick from the bed.
I pricked my finger, and instantly bled.

The blood tasted salty, as I sucked it from my finger.
Yet the sweet scent in the air continued to linger.

I looked down upon the roses so beautiful and bright.
The dark sensual red quenched my thirsty sight.

Nothing more lovely, have I ever laid eyes upon.
Except the beautiful brown eyes that shined brighter than the sun.

The ones that held me, and loved me more than the world.
The ones that I gazed upon like a star-struck young girl.

The ones from long ago, that made my past blush.
The eyes that left with the wind, and returned with a silent hush.

Only the sweet scent, over the eyes, surrounds and encloses.
The crisp, pleasant aroma of the beautiful red roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment